Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roses

Hybrid View

Thanks for the tips, everyone!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mamabear05 View Post
    Thanks for the tips, everyone!
    You are quite welcome. Just let us know how your roses do. When they bloom, if you can upload a picture. I just love roses. I even learned how to make my own rose seeds. It's not an easy trick either.
    Start-Up Phase, resources to help your new business grow!
    [url]http://www.startupphase.com/forums/index.php[/url]

Roses are my favorite.Frankly speaking I tried to grow them but did not succeed.
    Well my unty has a big garden where there are different types of roses.So every
    morning I take a long walk in the garden to enjoy the beauty of it.

I love roses but have yet to plant any since we moved here. I will have to use some of these tips. There were some great ones on here.

Banned

Default Easy roses

Quote Originally Posted by tater03 View Post
    I love roses but have yet to plant any since we moved here. I will have to use some of these tips. There were some great ones on here.
    When I moved to my house 20 years ago, I was a beginner gardener and bought roses and fruit trees and shade plants which I liked. I planted them with peat moss mixed into the soil and watered almost daily and most of them grew very happily.

If you have the time and inclination to study growing roses, do so. But if you want a head start, just plant a couple. My favorites are always ever-blooming perennial roses which grow over a rose arbor. Enjoy!

Rose White, author of
    Easy Gardens A to Z

If you really want your own Rose Garden your best bet is to read up on the care and feeding of roses. They really are not that hard to grow. You just need to plant them correctly with the right soil mixture. They now have Rose "plant food" to make it even easier to grow them.

Is there a variety that is easier to grow, or are they all easy? I've heard they need a lot of water, is that true?

Yes, they are fairly easy to grow and they need no more water than any other plant. It is always a good idea to water them 2-3 times a week when you first plant them until they have taken root. If you live in a hot climate, like I do-Phoenix, it is also a good idea to water them in the evening at least 2x a week during the summer after they have taken root.

Default watering roses

Do not over water as this leads to root rot. Water them when the soil is dry and water only the roots, not the roses, as this leads to other forms of rose fungi.

Soils with good drainage are best for rose growing. Avoid late evening watering, which could foster powdery mildew. Powdery mildew is a very common disease among roses. Rose growing in conditions where adequate spacing is not provided can foster powdery mildew, as well, don't plant them too closely together. Follow spacing requirements for each particular variety when purchasing rose bushes, as indicated on the plant label. Roses like six hours of sun per day.Six hours of morning sun is preferable to six hours of afternoon sun.
    ---------------
    Stephanieluis

Search Engine Marketing