Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pretty Fill In?

I agree. They add so much character. We did this in the front of our house also. They are easy to maintain, we have some evergreen so they look nice in the winter, and there is not cost like there is with annual flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by riskey58 View Post
    I think planting various colors of shrubs look very nice, and maintenance. We did this in the front of our hose and it worked out great.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2manyboyz View Post
    Hi Dawn:

I'm from NE Kansas also. These do well for me with very little water or effort.

peonies
    black eyed susans
    cone flowers
    autumn joy
    bee balm
    hosta
    phlox
    evergreen bushes
    tulips
    snap dragons
    clematis
    red bud trees
    You pretty well have everything listed that she could use. I hope she gets it filled in and is very happy.

We planted hostas in various places in the rock garden and it looks great, and it is so easy to maintane.

Quote Originally Posted by riskey58 View Post
    We planted hostas in various places in the rock garden and it looks great, and it is so easy to maintane.
    Yes, hosta love shade too. They do best on the north side of a building (where I'm at), under a tree, or in any shady location.
    [URL="http://www.ehow.com/how_2262067_choose-organic-produce.html"][COLOR="Teal"]How to Choose Organic Produce[/COLOR][/URL]

[URL="http://www.ehow.com/how_2281675_treat-allergies-naturally.html"][COLOR="Teal"]How to Treat Allergies Naturally[/COLOR][/URL]

Monkey grass, which some people sometimes call spider grass, is a could ground filler and it will grow just about anywhere, not to mention that they spread rapidly and you will not have to worry about having to replant next year.