Thread: Miracle-Gro Soils

Hybrid View

New Users

New gardener here! I agree, Miracle-Gro can be lots and lots of hype. I admit, I've been using Miracle-Gro potting soil and fertilizer in my flower pots for years and am very satisfied at my results.

I do have a question for the experienced(or not so experienced gardners). What is your opinion on using Miracle-Gro Organic Garden Soil as a quick fix, when a garden soil needs help and there is absolutely no composted matter readily available.

This is my first year with a raised bed and I've discovered my soil to be lacking. We do have a compost bin, but I had very little to use this spring, so I mixed in what I had, and in desperation have mixed in some Miracle-Gro organic matter(about 1", mixed into the soil around existing plants) to help with my soil. Our compost bin continues to get added to, but there hasn't been much de-composition with it.

And another question on fertilization. When I did container gardening I used Miracle-Gro fertilizer for vegetables. Can this product be used in my raised bed, now that I have added the organic matter?

Thank you.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And I think MiracleGro is one of the better products. Everything I have read and heard tells me this. I also understand when a company does very well with their product that people will question the product. If it is so bad for the environment, why do so many people use it? I doubt that is just because of the advertising that they buy it.
    Start-Up Phase, resources to help your new business grow!
    [url]http://www.startupphase.com/forums/index.php[/url]