I posted a thread about raised beds, but this isn't the same topic, just to clarify.

First off all the varieties I plan to grow will be either semi-bush or bush and they'll have short vines; this means they're compact, bred to grow in confined spaces.

The spacing per plant is 3', and this is if they're not grown in groups in hills.

Since I'll be growing them in raised beds, are the hills not necessary?

Also since the vines are short then is it necessary to trellis them?

What would the depth, length, and width of the raised beds need to be? I realize this depends on how many plants would be grown per raised beds.

I'd like to do two rows of each variety per raised bed, one variety per raised bed (watermelon in one, cantaloupe in another, butternut in a 3rd raised bed, etc.)

Would the row spacing even apply since they'll be grown in containers? Would it be a good idea to provide the row space for air circulation?

here are the varieties I plan to grow:

Goldetti (spaghetti squash)

Bush Table King (Acorn squash)

Minnesota midget, Inspire (both cantaloupe)

With the melons, the small fruited varieties tend to yield a bunch of melons per plant; the larger fruited melons tend to yield only a couple melons per plant.

Also would I need to put the fruit in slings with the melons to support the weight of fruit? Can I do this without a trellis?

Summer ball, Gold nugget (pumpkin, 1-3 lbs. per fruit)

Yellow doll (watermelon)
Sugar Bush (sugar baby watermelon)
Butterbush (butternut)