Thread: Dry Plant

Default Dry Plant

I have a few plants I grow under artificial lighting, and one of them (Japanese Eggplant) became very dry because the timer on the lights got reset by a blackout. I have been watering everyday, but the plant is still very dry. Should I just take it outside and let it get natural light?
    There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.
    -Marshall McLuhan

www.greenthumbdepot.com

Registered Users

Chances are you have more of a problem than lights with this plant.

You're soaking the plant when you're watering it right? I know when pots dry out the soil pulls from the pot sides and water flows around rather than into the soil.

You're in a warm area right? Why grow indoors under light if you have free sun available?

Hello Mr Yan.

I live in So Cal, but I wanted to try growing indoors. I have a few tomato plants growing, some peppers, and this eggplant. I thought I'd try it out. But you're right... I should just take them all outdoors soon. The eggplant is looking a lot better since the lighting has been regulated.
    There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.
    -Marshall McLuhan

www.greenthumbdepot.com

Growing indoors can be fun, especially for plants that don't like the natural climate of the area your are in. So. Cal has a great growing climate so I would definitely stick to growing outdoors and maybe as the winter sets in you can begin a few indoor plants for veggies or fruits that you did not have during the growing season.

from what it seems like you should experiment with leaving them in the sun for a bit. if that doesn't work you definitely need to water them more.
    www.harvestcube.com