So when I clicked over here today the main ad at the top of the page was for a Mega-Seed survival pack. I clicked on it to see what this one was about. I have a system of saving seeds and rotating my stash. This raised a question for me though has anyone here bought one of these survival packs? Or even know someone that has bought a pack?

I save the easy seeds for me - tomatoes, peppers, squash, garlic, and beans. Usually I will buy a few packs of seeds each year to try new varieties or if possible trade seedlings with friends.

Here's my system of storing seeds. Each seed pack is opened (so I can use some) and placed in a zip seal baggie. All of these little bags get placed in a gallon size freezer zip seal bag and placed in the back of my fridge. This is not too elaborate of a system but more work than just putting seeds on a shelf. It seems to work for me as I have tomato and basil seeds from the 2006 season that still germinated well for this season.

Does anyone else save seeds year to year? What do you save and how do you store them?