Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are the benefits of gardening?

Hybrid View

Default What are the benefits of gardening?

What are the benefits of gardening?
    [URL=http://canvaslot.com]wholesale canvas[/URL]

Default Eat What You Grow

Well, my mother-in-law has a lovely little garden in her backyard. She has an avocado tree, lemon trees, grapefruit tree, a jujube tree, tomatoes, peppers, and lettuce. This is all in a suburban California backyard! When we eat the veges she grows, it is so delicious. The tomatoes are small, but we pick it right off the vine when it's ripe. They are sweet and perfectly ripe when we choose to eat them. The lemons are bigger than the ones in the supermarket (we think that they might have been cross-pollinated with the grapefruits somehow- they are about the same size!).

Anyways, there are lots of benefits to growing your own garden! You eat what you grow! And,on top of the delicious factor, they are all organic. =)
    "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better."
    Albert Einstein

harvestcube.com

There are many benefits of gardening:
    It gives us cool environment.
    It looks beautiful...

Gardening contributes to physical health, since activities such as digging, planting, weeding, and harvesting are all part of three types of physical activity: endurance, flexibility, and strength.outdoor patio furniture clearance
    Last edited by s8vm632; 10-06-2011 at 06:09 PM.

Registered Users

This will sound bad...

It gives me another way to irritate my neighbor. He's an old guy who's a lawn nerd. I keep getting rid of lawn and adding more garden beds. I also tuck edible stuff into all of them - well those with enough sun.

Oh yeah it gets rid of lawn for me to mow.

It's like meditating. Putting your hands in the earth connects you to the world in some sort of primitive way. And of course, I save a ton of money in the summer eating all of those fresh, organic fruits and veggies.

To me, there's nothing more relaxing than working in my garden with bare feet. I get super dirty, but that's ok. Sometimes, if I've been at it for a while, the wifey will bring me out a glass of freshly squeezed lemonade. PLUS... I think it's good for us to reconnect with our agrarian roots - not only because its good for our health, but also because its good to know how to grow your own food. That way you're not completely dependent on someone else. We don't have a large plot by any means, but what we do have, we try and make the most of.

The kids love it too! My 3 year old son loves to help me water. Gives us time to spend with each other and with the earth.
    "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better."
    Albert Einstein

harvestcube.com

1. Benefits of gardening
    2. It's relaxing
    3. It makes for a great project
    4. It's so satisfying when you've finished, you feel like you've really accomplished something
    5. It spices up your home and makes it look more appealing
    6. You can grow all your own fruits and vegetables
    7. You can save money by growing your fruits and vegetables

That's just a few of my reasons off the top of my head!
    Calling all gardeners and gardening noobies! http://growercentral.org

I’ve found that gardening is really beneficial and a great form of exercise that keeps me occupied for hours. Whether I am planting new bulbs, mowing the lawn or running back and forward to the garden shed for equipment it is really enjoyable.

I also feel that working in the garden helps me re-connect with nature, reduces stress and allows me to be creative on a daily basis.