Quote Originally Posted by Enix View Post
I've been mowing and pulling out these weeks every month. Since I live in South Florida, those weeds are getting annoying. Anyways of getting rid of the weeds faster without the monthly maintenance?
I live in Oklahoma so the climate is very different, but I can tell you we attract some killer weeds out here with the dry weather and clay soil. I am saddened to see most people here miss the basics of lawn care. If weeds have destroyed your lawn and taken over, pulling them will only make room for new weeds to return. You need to put down some strong grass seed to take hold again in addition to pulling the weeds or you will be fighting a losing battle every time. Weeds spread faster than grass. A healthy lawn doesn't need constant chemical treatment because the grass will take care of itself fending off weeds. You will likely notice the worst weeds will start in areas that are bare or thin. That's where you start your efforts.
ALSO: Let that grass grow a bit man! Make sure you are not OVER-mowing. Always leave about 2/3 of that grass standing. There are tons of grass charts out there on the internet:
https://www.google.com/search?q=idea...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Feed the good dog, starve the bad one!
Hope this helps!
-AdamK