Thread: Grape trellis need help - Cody Wellard

Default Grape trellis need help - Cody Wellard

Originally the grapes were grown on a homemade trellis, made from logs and slats. The grapes did awesome. Produced heavily. They are planted as part of the walk way before you enter the vegetable garden. Two grapes on each side about 6 feet apart. It needs to be high due to deer. Thank you, looking forward to your suggestions. (If possible would like to use re-cycled items but will buy new if needed)

You might want to look up a company called Agritek Industries in Holland, MI. They make something called the Wolverine Grape Trellis. Not sure how expensive they are, but they look like the real deal to me.

Hope this helps.

Thanks I will check it out.
    Cheers!
    Cody Wellard

Just came across a photo of what i think is a bamboo trellis, I don't know if this will do but just wanted to share iresort04.jpg

New Users

i have seen good use of the wielded fencing for hogs. It comes in 6, 8 or 16 feet sections or something like that. it is a heavy gauge wire, wielded and does not bend easy. It takes a lot of weight off of the supports and you can grow many grapes due to the fence style. It is also affordable. the local farm store should have some.