Good Morning,
This is actually RIGal from 2 years ago, but I changed my username after an email switch.
I was away from my garden most of last summer due to back problems, so I did not have a successful year. However, my raised beds are tilled and 7 years worth of awesome composted material has been added, and I'm ready to go.
Thinking about all the weeds that popped up last year and me not being able to get to all of them, my husband has suggested used the black cloth weed block.
I've never used this before when planting. Only in areas where mulch was to be spread.
My questions are, and don't mind my naiveity, when I plant my green bean and yellow bean seeds, and make a slit in the cloth, will those sprouts actually come through, or will I definitely have trouble.
Also, I am more accustomed to 'working the soil' with my hands when planting seedlings, and can't imagine how I'll do this effectively.
Can someone give me some suggestions please. I'm planning zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, cucumbers, and eggplant.
Thanks bushels!