Thread: Beginner questions from Scarecrow Jack

Default Beginner questions from Scarecrow Jack

hey everyone,

so I have about 1 acre of property of raised beds and I have a couple questions because I've never done this before. the last frost date where I'm from is March 30th.

first, can I skip adding fertilizer? someone told me the soil is really good so I was wondering if I could save money.

can I plant all my seeds this weekend? is it too late to plant any my seeds? too early? I have seeds for carrots, lots of herbs, garlic, radish, corn, beans, peas, lettuce, spinach, melons, squash and a lot more.

what sells the best if I only have an acre to work with? I already planted a ton of peas, onions and lettuce in a partial-shaded area.

should I get a scarecrow? I'm already fighting off moles.

I might have some other questions I may ask later.

thanks!

Default Beginners Luck

First off I am jealous of your 1 acre plot. Wish mine was that big!
    Secondly, you should look into Better Homes and Gardens, or Sunset Magazine(If you are in the west). These both have super websites with lots of advice and many books out there too.

You don't HAVE to fertilize, but the soil may need a little help from some compost, etc. to make sure it is fertile enough to host the products you want. The fertilizer will give your plants a boost no matter what your soil quality though.

Anything sells at Farmers Markets, if you have the right price. Products that are ready before the general market time also do well.
    Hope this helps.

Save on your Grocery Bill!
    http://47f11uqykyray79jbdsf3way45.hop.clickbank.net/

Great info GardenGurl! Thanks
    By utilizing a Lumatek Ballast you are giving your garden the artificial lighting your plants need for those who want to garden year round or indoors. Get more lumen with a Lumatek Digital Ballast than competing brands.