Thread: Jalapeno alternative?

Hybrid View

Wow. I had no idea that one individual jalapeno plant would produce different peppers at varied degrees of "hotness"! lol
    By utilizing a Lumatek Ballast you are giving your garden the artificial lighting your plants need for those who want to garden year round or indoors. Get more lumen with a Lumatek Digital Ballast than competing brands.

Default have you..

have you heard of the ghost pepper? (: it's definitely "slightly hotter".
    There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.
    -Marshall McLuhan

www.greenthumbdepot.com

Banned

I have had peppers vary in hotness from season to season. It is hard to find the variety of plants in the nursery's. It pays to start your own plants. Peppers are harder to germinate but worth the effort to learn so you can plant new varieties.
    Last edited by Chris; 03-23-2012 at 12:20 PM.

I have so many varieties of peppers going, some I have never actually eaten before! All I have started from seeds:
    Jalapenoes
    Serranos
    Habaneroes
    Kung Paos
    Pepperchinies
    banana
    Hot cherry
    poblanoes...

I am excited cause I got all to start from seed with no problems- I upcycled the grow light from an areo garden, and put together other grow lights from pieces at the hardware store (150w grow bulbs at $10, basic dome lamps on clamps for $6)
    I started them in solo cups! I cut the cups down though, to make it easier when it comes time to transplant.