Thread: Flowering quince

Hybrid View

New Users

Default Flowering quince

I have a small quince that was planted about 3 springs back. Although it had blooms on it when I moved it, it has not bloomed a single time since. It is situated between an American Cranberry viburnum and some sort of rose bush, and they both grow/bloom great. Just wondering what I am doing wrong...
    Thanks for any insight.

Not sure if this will help... I just looked it up real quick...

• I read that flowering quince will do fine in full-sun and even partial shade. So double check how much sun it's getting.
    • Make sure you've got WELL DRAINED soil. Not sure what the soil conditions are where you planted it, but if they're too wet, that could be your problem.
    • I also read that flowering quince does not like alkaline soils. You may want to pick up a soil testing kit from your local garden center.
    • Pruning should also encourage better blooming.

You may have already tried all these things. Sorry, wish I had more to share.

New Users

I have looked into those things already, but I truly do appreciate the help.
    Thank you!
    I spoke to a lady earlier today that told me she thought it just needed to get a little larger/older, but if it doesn't bloom next year to try adding some fertilizer.
    Guess I'll try that before I yank it out. LOL
    Thanks again!!