Thread: Best fast growing tree with a pleasing foilage.

Default Best fast growing tree with a pleasing foilage.

I am looking for some trees to shield my garden and make it private, I do not like conifers as they are far too common in our area - everyine has them in their back gardens - what is a nice year round green tree with a full foilage.

I am in the UK where it can get quite cold.

Default fast growing ..

You might try Osmanthus.

Rich Regan
    Last edited by Chris; 01-07-2011 at 02:17 AM. Reason: signature links must be kept in your actual signature.

Default Many thanks

many thanks, my gardening knowledge is limited to say the least, a wikipedia search tells me the plant should grow fairly bushy which is what I want - just got to find some now.

Steve Jones
    Last edited by Chris; 01-07-2011 at 02:17 AM. Reason: signature links must be kept in your actual signature.

So you want an evergreen (year round foliage) that isn't a conifer.

That is a tall order.

What about a green giant thuja? Native to the western united states this IS a conifer, but it does not look like a christmas tree if that is what you meant. It grows extremely fast, extremely.

Also, there is a world of unique conifers out there. Not just the plain green christmas trees spruces and firs. There are weeping varieties, golden ones, variegated ones, ones with different bark, different needle types, different cones. IF you want something that doesn't look like everything else, you literally have thousands of choices within evergreen conifers.

Just go to a specialty nursery to look for them, you'll probably be amazed by the selection.

i think you should try Osmanthus.
    it is best tree
    [URL=http://www.iseusa.com/] exchange student programs [/URL]

Osmanthus is really best tree
    i have this tree in my neighbour
    [URL=http://www.freecreditreportsinstantly.org/] free credit report [/URL]