I have been gardening for years. Easy stuff mostly but find that since I have moved to my new Michigan home I can not get zucchini to grow! I have had zuccs for years and they usually overpower the need. I have sandy, well drained soil that we are amending more each year. Everything else is growing well including yellow squash! It isn't great but we are getting some. The zuccs are healthy plants with lots of male flowers and I have seen starts of the female flowers with the tiny zucc. These female flowers are not opening up! I have never found a mature one, only the very tiny buds. And not one single zucchini! Is it my soil? Does it hate acid soil? We have lots of oaks and pines and even put oak leaves on the garden in the winter. We have bees and there is a sprinkler system. I thought maybe the water was clumping the pollen but the yellow squash is making it as well as cucumbers and tomatoes. The female flower just never gets to a stage that I can even self pollinate them. Any help is appreciated. This is the second year of no zucchini. I am very frustrated and can not seem to find anything on line about this issue.