Thread: Moles a pain in the neck

Default Moles a pain in the neck

Anyone have any home remedies for ridding the garden of moles? Also anybody know if there is a humane way to repel them without killing them? Thanks

Smile humane mole control

Hi there!

Lots of people have told me moles are vicious horrible animals, but I always think they look so cute! So yes, there are humane pest control methods, because there's no way I'd get one of those traps that break their little bodies! I found a good range of mole pest control from this company:

http://www.primrose-london.co.uk/mol...-c-24_300.html

Its true they also do the traps, but they have plenty of other methods. I personally have one of their solar mole repellers. I got it on the advice of my friend who had a battery powered repeller which worked but the batteries had to be replaced fairly frequently. I've found the solar one is fine, especially as there's so much sun at the moment - but I've had it a while and never had a problem even if it was cloudy.

Anyway, hope you find this useful.

Some of my friends can be a pain but I am cute , My name is Digger

Here is a few interesting facts about us

Their typical life expectancy is three years and they grow approximately six to eight inches long and weigh three to six ounces.

There are 42 different species worldwide of moles; they are members of the mammal family Talpidae.

A group of moles is known as a ‘labour’

So the mole can move backwards as well as forwards, their fur is designed to move in both directions.

Moles have sensitive whiskers which can detect the slightest vibrations in the ground.

Moles saliva contains a toxin, which can paralyse worms; this is so they can be stored underground for later consumption.

They rarely come up to the surface, but when they do it is only to collect leaves, which are used in their nests.Molehill

A star nosed mole can detect, catch and eat food faster than the human eye can follow.

They will defend their burrows against rivals, because they are extremely territorial
    Our in depth [URL="http://www.danthegardener.com/"]Garden Product Reviews [/URL]are very popular & considered a reliable trustworthy service, for that reason we take our product research very seriously and look towards the experiences of real customers that have purchased these items.