Thread: What are these?

Default What are these?

Hello,

New to forum, homeownership and gardening.

These keep coming up. Please help identify. They seem to be a bulb? They haven't bloomed...don't know if they will.
    DSCN2644.jpg

These keep popping up even though I have pulled a few times. They seem to be a bulb as well.
    DSCN2650.jpg

If these are nice plants, I will keep and maintain. I'm not sure if they are wild weeds or not.

Thanks.

No info on species?

I live in Northeast Florida if that helps.

I was going to ask where you live. I figured florida though. I don't know what those plants are, but I can tell they are tropicalish species.

Unfortunately I've never gardened in your climate, and those plants definitely do not grow here, so I can't be of much more help.

I'm having trouble clicking on the pictures and sure would love to see what you've got.
    [CENTER]Betty Varland[/CENTER]
    [COLOR="Red"][CENTER]Attn: Beginners & Newcomers - Create a garden nest by 3:45 for FREE[/CENTER][/COLOR]

Do you get them everywhere or is this just a fluke area?
    [COLOR="DarkGreen"][COLOR="Red"][U]I'm no fan of[/U][/COLOR][/COLOR] [url=http://www.newprocontainers.com/]plant containers[/url]. [COLOR="Purple"][U]You must let them grow freely[/U][/COLOR]. [COLOR="Blue"]It will show in the plant[/COLOR].

They look like a tropical species but it is hard to tell. Do any of your neighbors have similar plants?

I don't recognize the first photo. But I agree with PharmerPhil - the 2nd photo looks like an Iris to me. I've got some by my back gate.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by nofeargardener; 03-21-2011 at 08:04 PM.

It looks like Slim Elephanta.