Thread: Squash, clukes & zuccini are dying

Default Squash, clukes & zuccini are dying

This is my 2nd year of gardening, but 1st serious year with lots of different veggies. I have tomatoes in the same plot they were in last year & their're doing great. I have Ky wonder beans in the same plot as last year & they were doing great, now they are slowing down. They are in the same plot as the squash, etc. Several of the clukes & zuccini have died & were pulled up & discarded in the trash. Before they died, the leaves were turning white, then the vines started dying, then the plant was dead.This plot is behind the house & gets full morning to noon sun. I had the same veggies in this plot last year. I have been cleaning out the flowers/evergreen bushes in the front beds to plant more veggies. I have 3 tomato plants there, 1 is doing great, 1 all leaves are folded up, but producing good tomatoes. the 3rd is a hybid, full of tomatoes but none are ripping yet. I've attached a photo, but I can't open it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    CD aka Santa CD

powdery mildew, fungal issue, very common in this plant family. The best you can do to avoid it is to cut off and dispose of any leaves as soon as they're seen.

I agree its probably powdery mildew. I tried growing pumpkins one year and after about a week of beautiful vines and broad leaves, I noticed this whitish stuff on some of the leaves. I bought this organic stuff that was supposed to get rid of the fungus but it was too late by that point, the entire vine ended up shriveling up and never produced fruit. I am starting to see this stuff now on my poor squash plants which are also clearly going to be non-productive.
    good luck with this, I know I havent had any