Thread: A groundhog got to my zucchini

Default A groundhog got to my zucchini

My zucchini plant was pretty far along and even had small zucchini on it when the groundhog got to it. It ate a bunch of leaves and the little zucchini. It still has quite a few new flowers coming, do you think this plant will make it? The groundhog will not be back.

-Matt.

I think it should recover.

Our groundhog has gotten my brocolli, cabbage, cauliflower, head lettuce (not spinach or mesclun though) and bean leaves.

It has never touched zucchini. I wouldn't want to either, the plant is a little prickly.

That's good to hear. How about my fake snake in that one pic!? It's just a long black bungie strap with the hooks removed. The chipmunks kept digging my seeds up so I thought of this to scare them away. It worked good to. I move it to a different location everyday.

update. This plant is still alive and healthy but I figure it's to late along now for it to produce zucchini of decent size so this plant is now my blossom plant. I just wait for the blossoms to grow, and use them for fried zucchini blossoms.

-Matt.