Hi all, I'm new to the forums, and I just started gardening out on my balcony (containers). This is my first time having my OWN garden (i.e., not at my parents house) and I'm also vegetarian -> turning vegan so I would love to have a big garden full of fresh veggies.

I had just recently repotted my veggies into bigger pots and noticed there were some dead/dry leaves (we had a cold spell for a few days), so after cleaning and repotting and arranging them out on the balcony i noticed some of them (almost half) wilted.

I have since put them in the shade and watered them and they seem to have spruced up 50% since I had last left them.

My question is: I get a lot of sunlight the majority of the day on the balcony now. With the shade being at the closest end of the fence. Should I keep lettuce in a naturally shady spot or does it need a lot of natural sunlight? It gets REALLY hot on my balcony mid July, so I don't want to chance doing anything wrong and killing it. This is my first experience with lettuce other than eating it.

The tomatoes, spinach, carrots and herbs are all doing well...