Thread: Can anyone recomend any..

Default Can anyone recomend any..

any great flowers or perennials for very hot weather, not alot of natural rain, 6-7 months summer heat.

any that you have had great success with or wanted to try should the weather permit

begonias would be a good annual for such a condition. Iceplants would make a good perennial, as would sedums.

This may be of use:

http://www.highcountrygardens.com/ca...pe-perennials/

xeriscaping is gardening in hot dry climates. So searching for xeriscape plants would be your best bet.

Aust Cy I have xeriscape gardens. How big of a plant are u looking for? There are MANY that fill the low/no watering bill, sunny location bill...

gomphrena, celosia cristata and button roses are some varieties that you can try.

Banned

Default flowers which bloom in hot weather

My cleomes and all the varieties of daylillies bloom very well in late summer, hot weather.

Rose White, author of
    Easy Gardens A to Z

Quote Originally Posted by AustCy View Post
    any great flowers or perennials for very hot weather, not alot of natural rain, 6-7 months summer heat.

any that you have had great success with or wanted to try should the weather permit
    SmartGardener.com has a huge database of thousands of plants free to the public - you can browse through the plants and filter by the growing conditions like hot or warm.

lots of Sedum to choose from.

Rhudebeckias or black-eyed susans only require an inch of water a weeks. Of course I live in michigan and an inch of rain in a week seems dry to me

http://perennialnorthenmichigan.com

Try these:

Gold Yarrow, known as Achillea filipendulina
    Cosmos, known as Cosmos bipinnatus
    Spider Flower, known as Cleome Hassleriana
    Butterfly Weed, known as Asclepias tuberose