Okay, so I am fairly new to the gardening thing. Over the last 2 years I have planted gardens, I am out there everyday weeding. But it never fails about 2 months into the thing the weeds take off better than my plants. They get completely out of control and I am out there for hours. My garden is only 12 ft by 21 ft. It is not huge by any means. I am seriously busting my hump to fight these things off and unfortunately they do end up taking over some of my vegetables.
My dad and I are scratching our heads. The first year I used vegatable food to help them grow. When my weeds took over I stopped thinking that might have something to do with it. This last year I didn't use any plant food and I was very disappointed in how some of my vegetable plants were not to big or didn't even come close to the amount of food they did the year before.
So Dad and I were at the store and we found Preen, #1 anybody ever use this stuff?? Do I need to be concerned with it??
#2 We also found lanscaping type weed cloth stuff, we were thinking of trying that.

I am just looking for any type of advice i can get before I plant this garden in the next coming weeks.

BTW my neighbor has a garden too, she hardly ever weeds it and guess what no weeds, she doesn't know what to tell me.

HELP!