Thread: Bugs eating the flowers!

Default Bugs eating the flowers!

Hi there,

Not at all a gardener, but we have a frangipani growing in a pot on the balcony and it is starting to give away due to these little critters.
    I snapped a photo, so if anyone can see what they are and help me get rid of them.
    They have already ravaged a pot of dill which was growing next to it.

I'm living in Sydney, Australia btw..

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

For some reason, I'm unable to view the picture you supplied but something that's helped me with bugs over the years is to mix 1 tablespoon of lemon ammonia with 1 tablespoon of dishwashing soap in one gallon of water. Spray your garden liberally every few days for a couple of weeks. This will help deter insects.
    I hope this helps.

For some reason I was unable to view my image too!

But thank you for the suggestion, I will try that mixture

That little bug looks like bad news! Looks like some sort of parasite if that points you in the right direction? I hope you find a solution!
    [URL="http://www.landscape-losangeles.com"]Landscape Design and Architect[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.newburyparkhomesforsale.net"]Thousand Oaks Real Estate[/URL]

looks to me like mealy bugs, nasty critters. i would suggest an insecticidal soap, just make sure you do some follow up treatments to make sure the problem does not return. Cheers!

i agree with bigtomato, they do look like mealybugs, and i would also suggest some insecticidal soap (i use safer). you would have to wash those critters off with a hose, and spray on some soap. you could also use neem oil for prevention (works great for house plants). g'luck!
    There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.
    -Marshall McLuhan

www.greenthumbdepot.com

How goes the bug infestation? Where you able to get rid of them and how have you plants been thriving if you have? My biggest fear of gardening is insect infestation, I have been reading up on plants that are good to grow near each other as they attract certain bugs that will eat or kill pests that you do not want infesting your garden.