Thread: What's wrong with my jalepeno plant?

Angry What's wrong with my jalepeno plant?

Bought this jalepeno plant a while back. It never had problems. Planed it in miracle grow soil, have it positioned so it receives full sun all day. It had been quickly growing peppers which had a good taste and a good spice to them. Then it rained really bad one night, and the next morning it looked like this:

Now, seemingly no matter how humid I keep its soil, it looks like this half the day. The other half, it perks up and looks fine. This has been ongoing for days now.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong here? I'd prefer this thing not die.

New Users

check the roots. Its probably getting root bound and with the rain it probably started "drowning. You may need to score the roots (make little superficial slices), sprinke some mycorrhizae on it, and re-pot. That would be my best guess. Either re-pot or put it in the ground. If you do put it in the ground, clip off the leaves on the bottom and bury it 2-4" deeper than the current soil level so that the main stem can strengthen up. When planting in the ground, rule of thumb is to dig a hole 2x as deep and 2x as wide to loosen up the surrounding soil so that the roots don't have too much trouble branching out. I myself don't really believe in miracle grow soil (for more reasons than one) but to each his own.
    Don't Grow up. Its a trap!!!