Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chickens

i like eggs so much
    my cuusin have 3 chickens he often gives me some of the eggs
    [URL=http://www.exhibeportable.com/trade-show-graphics.asp] Trade Show Graphics [/URL]

[URL=http://www.exhibe.com/exhibit-booth-design.htm] Exhibit Design [/URL]

New Users

We have a *lot* of chickens here - free range, standard size, bantams, some penned. Did you have a question about them? This is my first year getting back into gardening (and hoping to use some un-hot chicken mess for composting soon), but have had many, many years of experience with chickens. They're a wonderful combination! Greens or things that are fresh and ripe but just not "pretty" enough for us to eat, often the chickens get as part of their 10% of their diet in "treats". I keep a pen of bantams very close to my garden so I can enjoy watching them (and they can enjoy whatever caterpillars I pick off of the plants) while I garden.

We have had chickens and ducks in the past. The ducks are so sweet! Chicken and duck eggs are great, the ducks do a great job at keeping the slug population down.
    Cheers!
    Cody Wellard

Default I had one..

I had a chicken roaming in my backyard.. it killed off the silk worms that were threatening our cherry tomato plants..

but one day.. he just disappeared.. ): I still miss him.
    There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.
    -Marshall McLuhan

www.greenthumbdepot.com

Banned

Default Love my chickens

I started raising backyard chickens about 10 years ago and loved them. I kept my mouth shut about having them in my residential backyard and no one bothered me.

Now chickens are excepted in most places. I have a nice coop and run with 5 hens. We get 4 to 5 eggs a day in the summer and 1 to 4 a week in the winter. Chicken are very nice to have and are relaxing to watch after a long day at the office.

Our chickens eat our scraps and weeds from the yard.

New Users

First had chickens 20 years ago for a couple years, and just got them again - yay! We picked up 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Araucanas and 2 Dark Brahmas today and moved them into our new chicken house that we just finished building. Thrilled to have chickens again. Looking forward to the fresh eggs. Considering adding ducks soon for slug control.

New Users

No, but yay for chickens, their fresh eggs, and their poop! Wish i had chickens. =(
    Don't Grow up. Its a trap!!!

We've had chickens for several years. I just love them! They have great personalities! We love to have our own eggs and they are very easy to care for. We have Golden Comets--great egg layers!

New Users

We've had our six chickens for about 2 months now, and got two ducks as well. The chicks are really enjoying their new hen house that we built for them. Chickens and ducks are still learning to get along, and it's very entertaining to watch them all.

We got about 3 more months until the chickens start laying, but already get eggs from one of our ducks.

Too bad I only have a limited backyard that’s why I can’t raise chickens for eggs. But isn’t gardening and raising chickens can be a very entertaining? That’s hobby farming.