Thread: Christmas Cactus

Default Christmas Cactus

I am trying very hard to become a lover and carer of plants, and I'm doing much better than before, however I have not been able to bring my Christmas Cactus back....his little leaves are yellow and he has not grown in size for two years. Any suggestions? I hate to throw him away? He is outside and until today, he was in the Texas summer sun. Now I have moved him to the shade (all great gardeners are cringing). I want to be better and see this cactus thrive! He was inside but he wasn't doing too good indoors either.

I never have any luck with these, I buy them and they slowly die. Shrinking every year, until they die.

my mom uses a sun light lamp on hers and they are beautiful green but don't bloom. my sister neglects hers and they bloom all year and are gorgeous .

Christmas cactus is a popular, winter-flowering houseplant native to Brazil, available in a wide variety of colors including red, purple, oranges, pinks and creams. Its pendulous stems make it a great choice for hanging baskets.Christmas cactus is a member of a group sold as holiday cacti that includes the Thanksgiving cactus and the Easter cactus. When grown under normal nightlength conditions, Thanksgiving cacti normally flower near Thanksgiving approximately a month before Christmas cacti. The Easter cactus flowers primarily in the spring and sporadically throughout the year. All of the holiday cacti have similar cultural requirements.
    ----------------------
    Renita

Search Engine Optimization

Smile bring your cactus back to life

I also raise aloe vera as well as roses. I guess they're related in someway,because when I put rosebuddy on my Aloe Vera it grows like crazy. You might want to try it.

i would consider re-potting, i did this with mine and water them every 2 to 3 weeks and they have bloomed repeatedly. mine are kept in an east facing window and get the morning sun. other than that i just enjoy them and don't do anything else to them. best of luck!
    I strive to live green, I hope you do to!