Thread: Green thumb?

Default Green thumb?

Are you someone with a green thumb or do you really have to work to succeed in gardening?

Honestly I have to work to succeed at growing things. My problem is that I start out good and then lose interest. Thank goodness for my hubby who picks up the slack or I would have nothing

I do fairly well with my houseplants. This is my first year ever trying outdoor gardening, though, so only time will tell how well my talents transfer.

I think gardening takes a little work regardless how green your thumb is. Mainly, plants are like people, they need food and water and at the right times and in the right amounts. If you keep that in mind and learn the basics of what plants need I don't see you having to struggle with gardening. When a drought hits, you have to be prepared, the same as when a frost or freeze comes rolling through your area.

I do not have a green thumb. It does not come easy for me to grow things. I work really hard to keep things alive.

Banned

Cool Easy gardening

Quote Originally Posted by SageMother View Post
    I do fairly well with my houseplants. This is my first year ever trying outdoor gardening, though, so only time will tell how well my talents transfer.
    I like tough perennials and bulbs which grow on their own. If they do well, I plant more of them - it's sort of survival of the fittest.

The main thing is to water your plants. I hooked hoses together with low sprinklers so that I only had to turn on the water and come back later to turn it off.

Rose White, Author
    "Easy Gardens A to Z"