Thread: Hummingbirds

Hybrid View

New Users

I just put out a hummingbird feeder last summer, and had an amazing experience. We had at least 2 Ruby throated males, and 3 Ruby throated females visit.

They were SO much fun to watch...and sometimes, they were just as curious about us as we were about them. We would be sitting in the garage, far away from the feeder, and they would buzz over to about 2 feet from our face...look at us...and then buzz away!

I can't wait for them to come back this summer!

In regards to food, I have heard that the clear hummingbird feed is better for them then the red feed. I have only used the red feed in the past, using both the kind that you mix up, and the kind that is already made...the kind that you mix up seemed to be eaten much more quickly than the premade liquid. Next summer I will be using the clear feed.

~Cat

New Users

Patience, that variety of hummingbird sounds so pretty. I will try and find some pictures to see what you are talking about. Up here, in Northern Minnesota, we pretty much ONLY get the ruby throated hummingbirds, so we don't see a large variety....but we will take what we can get...LOL

Have a good day!

~Cat