Thread: Hummingbirds

Hybrid View

Default Hummingbirds

Do any of you put out feeders to attract hummingbirds? We have several and it's amazing just how many of those gorgeous little birds have shown up over the years. It makes the whole area feel full of life.

I have not gotten one yet. This is one of those things that I would like to get but never seem to get around to getting one. I love to watch hummingbirds.

I have b put feeders out for the humming birds. But I never seem to get any. I can't figure out why.

Unfortunately we don't get them here they must be lovely to look at. If we could get hummingbirds then yes surely I would put some food out for them to attract them to my garden because I think they are beautiful birds.

Red face Hummingbirds

They are so much fun to watch. I have a list of tips on my website on how to attract them as well as butterflies and other beautiful song birds. Hope you visit!
    http://www.beautifulblooms.org

Thank you I will check the site out. I need all the help I can get. Because so far I have had no luck.

I like birds so much
    i don't like to put these in cage
    [URL=http://www.freecreditreportsinstantly.org/] free credit report [/URL]

Default hummingbird feeders

Hi,

I live in zone 6, NY state and have hummingbirds visit my feeder several times a day. I have a feeder that is attached to my bay window with suction cups. I fill it with store bought hummingbird food a few times a week and I can see them up really close.

I think if you are seeing them in your garden already, you'd have good luck getting them to visit a feeder. You can hang one near the plants they are visiting and one closer to the house to see them better. Once they visit, they'll be back every year. I usually put my feeder out May 1st and leave it until the 1st frost.

Banned

Let me share with you the best hummingbird feeder in the world. The Hummingbird Vine (Campsis Radicans). We grow these and sell to a large mail order perennial plant company in Michigan (sure you kow them- they buy from us for .68 cents and sell for 12.99). I planted a few of these little witch's fingers (what we'd call them as children) around my back porch just to see what the fuss was about with us selling over 50,000 a year to this company. now i see! Hummingbirds have fights over these plant's blooms. They have a deep center see this pic of a hummingbird vine and you will see why they love them. The depth is perfect for their little beaks to enjoy fresh nectar from.
    Last edited by TNplants1; 05-03-2012 at 07:47 PM.

New Users

Yes, hummingbirds are nice and all... But not when they're dive-bombing on you while you're trying to work on your garden. They're like little kamikaze planes ready to poke my eyes out. So rather than fighting back, I run back into my house screaming and the little buggers fly right up to my window as if to taunt me and make fun of me. I bet they're just laughing their little butts off when they send me into the house.
    Don't Grow up. Its a trap!!!