Thread: Blueberry Tree Blooming

Smile Blueberry Tree Blooming

Hi everyone! I recently purchased a blueberry tree for my backyard over a month ago. It had several blooms and berries when I brought it home. It's been about four weeks and now it's full of berries is a safe to pick them or do I really have to wait until mid August?

Its awesome to hear that your blue berries have bloomed.I would also plant one in my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by angelicwriter View Post
    Hi everyone! I recently purchased a blueberry tree for my backyard over a month ago. It had several blooms and berries when I brought it home. It's been about four weeks and now it's full of berries is a safe to pick them or do I really have to wait until mid August?
    I would pick when they are ripe. Here in S. jersey that is usually in mid-late july.

Default struggling blueberries

I have been struggling with my two blueberries for two years now. Very slow growth. I am hoping next year they will take off. I have specific southern rabbitteye varieties for TN and I have spruced up the soil considerably. You know, this year I actually got a sucker growing from one of them, however, they have not grown in height. I have put pine needles as mulch this summer and that works so much better than the regular mulch. The pine needles seem to keep the moisture much better. I would like to hear others success stories with blueberries and what they have done. Mine are not quite a success story.
    christine

Last edited by Chris; 10-03-2008 at 08:28 PM. Reason: keep signature in signature please see top left USERCP

Congrats blueberries rock. If they taste good, eat them before the birds do..quick! hehe (to good to waste)
    [URL="http://www.henkeeping.co.uk"]Clucks & Chooks[/URL]