Thread: Tiller

Hybrid View

Default Tiller

I understand that there are electric-powered tillers and motorized tillers. The area I'm gardening is not so big so I don't think I need something so fancy. Is there a manual (hand tool) tiller I can buy? I'm only looking to till about 60 sq. feet. Is their a particular hand-tool tiller someone can recommend for this?

Thanks.

The Garden Weasel is really popular with some of my neighbors. It works in small spaces and requires no gas or electricity.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've been lucky enough in the past to have a friendly neighbor with a tractor and attachment that would till my garden for me. No more though since my move but before then I used to just do it by hand. It's hard work, with lots of shovelling, weeding and hoeing, but it can be done. If you spread it out over a few days, it's not so hard on the back either.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

I agree with serenity. For smaller areas, I like to simply use a hoe and do it by hand. Good exercise!

That is what I use a hoe and a shovel. I just do a little bit at a time it makes it easier, and works great.

Quote Originally Posted by lovemyabba View Post
    I agree with serenity. For smaller areas, I like to simply use a hoe and do it by hand. Good exercise!
    We do this as well. For smaller gardens, it's not worth the effort of getting out a full-size tiller and using a hoe lets you get right in there where it needs to be broken up.