Thread: easiest edible

Default easiest edible

what for you is the plant that's easiest to grow in your "edible garden"? what's the hardest?

is it true that tomato plants are one of the hardest? i haven't tried growing them. so far what we have tried in the past or have now in our garden are mangoes, guavas, kalamansi, sweet potato tops, sugar apples and papaya.

I find all sorts of beans very easy. I find that they germinate quickly, and I love watching them grow. They're also prolific croppers and pretty into the bargain.

Most herbs are very easy, as are peppers. I have always found tomatoes easy - they produce and produce! They always look terrible, though, even when they're producing tomatoes by the bucketload. Iowa soil seems to work very well for it, we didn't have as much luck on the East Coast.

I don't have one (yet) but my parents have a fig tree in their yard. They hardly bother with it at all. It only produces fruit once a year, but it will be FULL of figs! And, I absolutely love fresh figs. Yummy.

since I wrote this, I've changed my mind!

I think radishes are the easiest veg to grow, and really quick too.

Herbs are easy. I haven't had that much trouble with tomatoes, but I also grew up with my parents teaching me all the tricks to keeping them successful, so I'm sure that helps.