Thread: A cheap and easy green house?

Default A cheap and easy green house?

Are there any ways to make a cheap and easy green house? We haven't got much room in our garden. Any tips would be really good.

If you're happy to have something that will just last a season then just stretch clear plastic over a frame that you either make yourself or recycle from elsewhere (I've used a tent frame before).

Or search on the net for instructions for a plastic bottle green house. Fabulous way to use up a throwaway product!

This is a great and terrific ideal.

Wow that's fantastic thanks so much for this idea. It is a brilliant idea and one that I will definately try.

Default Great Suggestion

Great suggestion! A clear plastic cover over the frame sounds like an excellent method to make your own mini green house.

Quote Originally Posted by Green-Moo View Post
    If you're happy to have something that will just last a season then just stretch clear plastic over a frame that you either make yourself or recycle from elsewhere (I've used a tent frame before).

Or search on the net for instructions for a plastic bottle green house. Fabulous way to use up a throwaway product!
    The plastic bottle green houses work extremely well. I've used them before, especially when the plants are young and tender to give them a head start. They're also great for when that unexpected late frost hits and can save your plant from being killed by it.

That is a great idea to make a small green house. This is something that my husband could do for me and would probably enjoy doing. Thank you for sharing that.

This is a great idea. Not real expensive, and it seems really easy to do. I am going to have to try this.

You can use PVC pipe to build a cheap and easy frame for your greenhouse. PVC is flexible so you can bend it easy and the connectors come in elbows, tees, "y"s, etc. If you need to really bend it for a tight "u" shape you can heat it with a torch and it will bend easier.

Wow I never thought of this thanks so much. I have a lot of good ideas that I can construct something from. I hope it has helped other people as well. Thanks for the ideas.