Thread: Flowers That Do Good In Sun

Hybrid View

Default Flowers That Do Good In Sun

Can you guys give me some suggestions for flowers that do well in places that get a lot of direct sunlight? Thanks so much.

I think some Orchids can withstand some direct sunlight. I am not so sure but I even remember reading it somewhere.

I like Orchids. I think that they are pretty. Thanks for the suggestion. I will check it out. Thanks again.

Orchids are mostly shade plants as they grow on or around larger trees.

Anyways... blanket flower (Gailardia) daylilies, rudbeckia (black eyed susans), coneflower (enchinecea), daisys, lilies, sunflowers (of course) all will do well in full sun.

Tiger lillies, and other variations of lillies, zinnia, cosmos, marguarete daisy, verbenasedum, sempervivum, and delosperma. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Orchids are mostly shade plants as they grow on or around larger trees.

Anyways... blanket flower (Gailardia) daylilies, rudbeckia (black eyed susans), coneflower (enchinecea), daisys, lilies, sunflowers (of course) all will do well in full sun.

Chris is absolutely correct. Orchids require a lot of shade, because they can easily start to wilt. Hostas can handle the sun, but they will need plenty of watering in the morning/night.

I'm so glad someone asked this question. I'm also in direct sunlight and am finding it difficult to find plants that can stand up to it. So thanks for the tips.

The following are flowers that do good on sun:
    Euryops, Lilac, canna's, marigolds, black eyed susans, poppies, daisies, geraniums, hibiscus, lavender, lupine, four o'clocks, sunflowers, dahlias, asters, crape myrtle
    [B][URL="http://www.frogs-sofas.com.au/"]Sectional Sofas[/URL][/B]

hi everyone, i am new to the forum, but looking forward to posting and reading others posts. i am basically looking for info on the blackeyed susans. i had alot of success last season with 4 plants in front of the house. the house faces east so i get the am sun and the pm shade. i was wondering if the plants will come back this year? and what all that entails. do i have to cut them back to allow new growth? any info. would be greatly appriciated. thanks
    I strive to live green, I hope you do to!

Banned

Default Cleomes love hot sun

Quote Originally Posted by debrajean View Post
    I'm so glad someone asked this question. I'm also in direct sunlight and am finding it difficult to find plants that can stand up to it. So thanks for the tips.
    Cleomes also hold up well in the sun, especially late in the summer when many other flowers are past their prime.

Rose White, author of
    Easy Gardens A to Z