Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's going on in your garden?

Hey, good to have you here! That sounds like a very nice container garden project you've got going there. Hope you harvest a bunch! I'm in MI so we've got a little bit before we can safely get things in the ground. We've had some unseasonably warm weather, but we dare not plant yet. Typically we get things rolling right around the last week in April or the first/second week in May - that's usually when all danger of frost has passed. I'm going real simple with our garden this year. Besides our herbs in the herb garden it will likely be mostly bush beans and a variety of tomatoes. Possibly a small row of cucumbers. I may get a few peppers going in containers too - we'll see. A buddy of mine said he's got some ghost peppers for me. I've tasted them but never tried growing them. We'll see how it goes. Hope you have a great season!

New Users

Thanks nofear I put up a few "before" pics: http://www.gardeningblog.net/forums/album.php?albumid=8

Looks like you might get rolling a little sooner after all? it's really warm up there from what I've been seeing!

I'm so excited to finally see my little seedlings popping up through the rockwool! SOON....I will place them in my NEW Tower Garden!!! and then..in aboout 2 weeks......fresh~pesticide FREE~ veggies Any other Gardners using an airoponic growing system? Would love to hear your growing experiences!! Live~Life! Mo

New Users

Hey Mo, good to hear your seedlings are doing well! Make you sure you post pictures of your Tower Garden once the seedlings are in. Veggies in 2 weeks is pretty fast! What are you growing?

Another great idea for small space gardening are home made containers, like pallet planters and recycled food grade barrels cut into tubs.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Trying to fiigure out how to post my seelings pictures. They are shootin up so quick! Catail~ i"ve planted..basil,italian parsley, sugar peas,zuccini,a vvarity of tomatoes(couldnt decide),watermellon,peppers,gourmet lettuces,2 types of spinach,arugula,cucumbers,broccili,iceberg lettuce just to name a few! annd YES! they will all be planted in my Tower Garden...growing airoponically! so excited!! I will get some help to post my pics! Live~Life!

My garden is not so much of vegetables and herbs but lots of greens. Most of them are in a pot.
    Last edited by AdamBorzy; 05-21-2012 at 07:14 AM.

New Users

Default where doesn't mint grow!

Quote Originally Posted by mom2manyboyz View Post
    It's hard to get all the tilling done for my vegetable garden because it keeps raining. I was out there tilling for a few hours this evening and I finally got all my tomatoes planted.

Where does mint like to grow?
    "EVERYWHERE!!!"
    I had mint growing in the community garden plot I took over when my friend moved out of state. It took over the whole back half of the garden! I had to build raised beds, fill with horse manure and compost and save only one mint plant in a pot to contain it! That one pot supplies all the herb I need in the kitchen. I put strawberries in the raised beds....and have been harvesting every other day for most of this month. the mint still tries to grow out from under the raised beds.
    I like to make lemonade, add crushed strawberries and a few sprigs of mint to it. Yummy! and thirst quenching.

New Users

I have beets, variety of radishes just started harvesting, sunchokes, carrots, corn, zuchini, peas, onions, garlic just harvested some, tomatoes, basil, peppers, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, cilantro, parsley, thyme, rosemary, fennel, celery and more tomatoes.
    My garden goals were salsa, salad, kitchen herbs, and herbal teas.
    I have a few chickens and a couple of milk goats too, so I try to produce at least a percentage of the food my son and I eat, and we are living on a tiny budget while I am a full time student.
    Thanks to this site, and the gallery pics, I just learned the purslane I have been weeding out of my garden is actually good and heathy food we should be taking to the kitchen not the compost bin!

I love the prosperous "farm life" that you seem to be leading wiseolegoat11. I wish I could live it like yours. I'm still reviving the plot where my garden of onions, tomatoes, and garlic used to be before I got too busy with work. Now, I want to make your garden an inspiration. I've been reading a lot of sites too, mainly to clear my garden. Thanks.
    Check out www.gardentoolsandequipmentinfo.com for the best small lawn mowers.

I have beefsteak tomatoes in pots and snow peas, also strawberries and basil. All on my tiny back porch. Some day i will have more room to grow veg.