Thread: Plants and Pavers

Question Plants and Pavers

I got my hydrangeas this past weekend and have a bit of a dilemma.

I intended to simply plant them so that they eventually climb over my pergola to create a pretty canopy. I would remove a few pavers near each post, slit the weed cloth and plant.

The only problem is that I don't know if the pavers effect the acidity of the soil. If they do, they might kill my plants, or at least slow their growth.

Another options are planting these in pots or creating a small, enclosed bed next to each post.

What would you do, in my shoes?

Pavers do not affect the acidity of the soil, so you are pretty safe in planting there. You will have to send us a picture when they grow over and create your canopy, I am looking forward to seeing it.

As far as I know the pavers wont affect the acidity of the soil. Interesting thought though.
    [URL="http://www.outbacklawn.com"]Landscaping - Irrigation[/URL]

Smile

I would agree. You should be safe. Although... if there is any paver gravel below the actual pavers, you'll obviously want to dig that out. And if you're still concerned about the soil conditions, you could dig it out even further, and fill it back in with your own soil mixture. Hope this helps. And I agree...definitely post some pics once it gets going.

Happy Gardening!
    Last edited by nofeargardener; 03-21-2011 at 08:00 PM.