Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aloe Vera

Default Aloe Vera

How can we grow Aloe vera plants in our backyard? What are the basic requirements for it and are there any issues to deal with this plantation?

a friend grows hers in her bathroom and they do really well there. She swears by the humid atmosphere.

They can be grown in a bathroom too? I never knew this before. Isn't any direct sunlight required for these plants? I would love to try it out if they are so easy to grow.

My husband told me before about how his mom used to break off an aloe vera leaf from one she kept on the kitchen windowsill and use the sap on any scrapes or cuts they had. I'd like to try growing one too just to see if that really does work.

Yep, we have some in our window and we use them for cuts also. I have never tried to grow them outside so I am really not to sure on how it would work. What would happen in the colder weather to them?

I heard that outdoor Aloe does best in warmer areas like Arizona. All of the Aloe plants I have seen here, are indoors and in pots!

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    My husband told me before about how his mom used to break off an aloe vera leaf from one she kept on the kitchen windowsill and use the sap on any scrapes or cuts they had. I'd like to try growing one too just to see if that really does work.
    I heard about all the wonders that Aloe vera can make. Mostly I came across to know the uses for beauty. They work as great products for any beauty issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ammulu View Post
    They can be grown in a bathroom too? I never knew this before. Isn't any direct sunlight required for these plants? I would love to try it out if they are so easy to grow.

So long as they have plenty of light I imagine they'd be fine. My friend's bathroom has a fabulous large window.

Aloe Vera is absolutely excellent. My mum grows it indoors in her kitchen. It is a cure for so many minor ailments. I never knew how good the Aloe Vera plant was until my mum grew it. I would love one myself, but unfortunately I do not know how to grow it either. Although it must be relatively easy because my mum has one that is thriving.

They grow great just about anywhere in the house.