Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grass

I have pets too as well as children and a husband with big feet so whatever I plant will have to cope with being walked on. I am starting to see the attraction of paving slabs!

If I was you and I had the money I would lay down some other form of material rather than grass. Like a soft material and then you do not need to worry about growing, watering and trimming the grass. There is no need for grass really.

Mickie31, here in Arizona they call that landscaping. If you spray something on the grass to kill it and then lay plastic down and cover it with gravel. Depending on what area you are in it may be nice. Mainly because it heats up the house. Here in Arizona that is not a good thing in the summer.
    Start-Up Phase, resources to help your new business grow!
    [url]http://www.startupphase.com/forums/index.php[/url]

Bermuda grass is good but they are fast growing and is difficult to maintain, on the other hand Zoysiagrass is better as they are not so fast growing. But if you want your lawn look better, you need to maintain it regularly.

There are different types of grasses.But the best for lawn would be Blends.Blends are a combination of different varieties of same type of grass.Blends are not adaptable as mixture,but they are generally more attractive
    because of their uniformity.

I'm not having a backyard when I can make a garden with grass rather can grow plants instead of grass. I don't think I would be willing to use anything that would strain more and need loads of care to be taken.

I have found a slow growing low maintenance grass seed mixture based on dwarf rye grass. They say it only neesd cutting twice per year, so it sounds ideal. It has the added advantage of not needing a lot of water.

Justontime, what is the name of that grass? I wonder if it would work here in Phoenix, Arizona? Especially if it does not need much water!
    Start-Up Phase, resources to help your new business grow!
    [url]http://www.startupphase.com/forums/index.php[/url]

My soil is sandy, and I would like to know what is a good grass seed to gtow in this kind of soil?

Quote Originally Posted by Roguegal View Post
    Justontime, what is the name of that grass? I wonder if it would work here in Phoenix, Arizona? Especially if it does not need much water!
    The mixture was called Slow Grow. I have no idea what the climate is like in Arizona but I am guessing it is much hotter and drier than where I live. Perhaps you could search on-line to see if any seed producers in your region have any slow growing mixtures suited to your area. I hope you find something suitable.