Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you find the best deals?

Default Where do you find the best deals?

When you're buying new plants, trees, etc., where do you find the best deals? Do you normally order online, or go to a local garden center, or a place like Home Depot?

I usually head for Walmart's garden department. They're cheap and if you're just looking for something run of the mill like bedding plants to give a bit of color, you'll probably be able to pick it up there. Normally I'm looking for things that are pretty common because I haven't got a lot of spare cash for the garden, but I still like it to look nice, so they serve my purposes.

We try farmer's markets and the swapmeet first. We have found good prices on trees and veggies there. We order seeds and onion sets from Henry Field's. I often buy flowers or plants from wherever we are, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, etc. It's like an addiction.

I tend to shop local unless I want something different It saves the shipping and handleing and the plants are bigger and healthier.

For the best deal I always look in the destressed plants for ones I can save

Even Aldis sometimes has plants anf will quickly mark them down.

sharing with neighbors is also good do not be afraid to ask.. I have a neighbor who has an iris I do not have and I noticed it is getting so crowded it is not blooming well so I thought I would go see if I helped her divide it if I could have a start. and of course I have a pretty purple one I bet she would like.

We mostly use Walmarts garden center also. There is a place here called Marcs that sometimes have good deals on flowers and plants.

We use Home Depot. The garden center is usually pretty busy until about mid June, but you can find some great deals and a few unusual plants before summer begins.

I used to love the garden center in Home Depot. But when we moved there wasn't one in our area we moved to. I miss going there though.

Whenever I want to give a new look I visit the Walmart's garden department.Here one will get to see varieties of plants.

I rarely buy seeds as I save my own then swap them with other gardeners via the net. I buy trees at the local market. I never buy plants in supermarkets. THey might look healthy, but it rarely lasts.