Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Easy plants to take care of?

Default Easy plants to take care of?

What are your favorite super-easy plants to take care of, preferably flowering ones? I am looking for some new ideas.

For me I think Lily and Roses are the best and easy plants to be taken care of. Apart from these if we consider other plants Coconut and Almond trees are easiest ones grown in our backyard.

I prefer Hollyhocks - Asters - Bachelors Buttons - Phlox. They are pretty easy to care for and a lot of assorted beautiful colors.

Nasturtiums add colour & grow like triffids if you're looking for something bright! Mine are currently going beserk. They also self seed themselves left to their own devices, and you can eat them too.

Thanks, everyone!

Pink butterfly and Cana Lillies are the quickest growing plants.They grow very quickly and a great attraction to any backyard.

I have cana lillies in my yard. And they grow no matter what. They are the easiest flower to take care of. And they look nice.

I just wanted to mention that this really depends on the zone you live in. Planting for the right zone will make plants easier to care for and require less watering which is good for the environment.

I'm in the midwest in zone 5 and these work well for me with little care:
    Lilac
    Roses
    Sedum
    phlox
    tulips
    black eyed susans

The phlox and sedum both spread rapidly for me. They make for pretty spring and fall interests, respectively.

daylilies, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2manyboyz View Post
    I just wanted to mention that this really depends on the zone you live in. Planting for the right zone will make plants easier to care for and require less watering which is good for the environment.

I'm in the midwest in zone 5 and these work well for me with little care:
    Lilac
    Roses
    Sedum
    phlox
    tulips
    black eyed susans

The phlox and sedum both spread rapidly for me. They make for pretty spring and fall interests, respectively.
    Your point is absolutely correct Mom2manyboyz. The place where I reside is very much favoring Roses and Lily. Those are most easiest ones to take care of.