Thread: Rubber Plants

Default Rubber Plants

This is an indoor gardening question. Can Rubber Plants tolerate direct sunlight? I have just purchased a lovely burgundy colored plant and have the perfect place for it on the window sill.

I would think it would be all right for a few. Do you have curtains or shade where you could block some of the sun for part of the day?

Good suggestion Tater! I do have curtains in that window, but they're sheers so don't block sun. But after reading your post, I thought I'll just move the plant out of the window during the hottest, sunniest part of each day. Thanks.

Direct sunlight could burn tender young leaves, so I'd try & find it a nice bright spot where there is some dappled shade.

IF you have a window that is in the northeast or southeast, you may be able to allow the plant to sit without worrying too much about the sunlight.

I'd check a few online sources first, though. It sounds like a beautiful plant and it would be a shame to lose it!

Remember that it will also require a slightly moist atmosphere, so don't place it near a radiator. It will probably appreciate the odd mist with water.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoy View Post
    This is an indoor gardening question. Can Rubber Plants tolerate direct sunlight? I have just purchased a lovely burgundy colored plant and have the perfect place for it on the window sill.
    It requires mild sunlight rather than direct sunlight. Check out this site for more information: http://houseplants-care.blogspot.com...lant-care.html

Default rubber plants

I had a rubber plant for years. I did not have it in direct sunlight. I had it where it would get some light, but no direct sun and it did great.

Rubber plants are easy to grow and care for .Although rubber plants adapt quickly to household,a day temperature of 8 degree Farenhite is needed.It requires moisture in the soil but over soaking may cause problem.