Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Herb Garden

Default herb garden

I have always wanted to plant a herb garden, but never really new how to go about it. I thank everyone for all the help.

got to have basil there are many varieties We like to make fresh pesto YUM

rosemary we use alot of it fresh and dried... we bring that pot in each winter

fresh dill need that for dill dip and fish

chives

oregeno, sage, I avoid mint as I don't use it and it took years to get it out of my yard after it escaped

You can also stick herbs in with flowers for a pot filler you can eat.

I am starting my herb garden soon, using loads of dill, peppermint, sage, oregano, and I'm sure a few other things I find whilst looking around the shop. Really depends on your taste, or what you find appealing.

New Users

I cannot do without Italian flat parsley, basil, and oregano. Because I make my own tomato sauce, these are used quite often. I use individual pots, no smaller than 8". The basil plant grows into a shrub and the parsley does well too. Oregano is good, as long as it doesn't get trapped in the soil. I harvest the herbs in large bunches and process all three herbs together in the food processor with a drizzle of olive oil(almost like making pesto). I then freeze spoonfulls in an icecube tray, store in freezer bags and when it comes time to make sauce I use one cube at the bottom of my sauce pan when sauteeing the garlic before the tomatoes, etc etc etc. Enjoy your herbs!