Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tulips

Hybrid View

Wink tulips

I would like to know if anybody can give me any info on my tulips I planted approx. 400 tulip bulbs in total, my first year I got approx 6 dozen tulips and have yet to see another tulip that was 5 years ago. Any info please Oh yes I am new to the forum and sort of new to gardening

I would guess gophers or another rodent ate them all.

Next time try daffodils, they're poisonous and so are left alone.

I'd have to agree with Chris, but I feel so sorry that all your bulbs are gone! I can just imagine how beautiful 400 tulips would have looked had they all grown. Tulips are one of my favorites!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I would guess gophers or another rodent ate them all.

Next time try daffodils, they're poisonous and so are left alone.
    Is this why I can't get rid of my daffodils? I hate them and have dug them up repeatedly, but they just won't go away! The last few years, I've just given up, and so of course I have many more now. Bleh.

Awww, that's so sad. Hopefully you'll be able to find an explanation and have better luck in the future.

As chris said the problem might be rodents. But I also know that over crowded growing may also create a problem as then most tulips cant survive and they have to fight for space....Also because of their growing cycle many experts suggest that the tulip bulbs should actually be removed in june and then replanted again in september....
    So the problem might have been any of the above...
    hope this helps........

The tulip is a perennial, bulbous plant with showy flowers in the genus Tulipa, which comprises 109 species and belongs to the family Liliaceae.
    [URL=http://www.exhibeportable.com/trade-show-graphics.asp] Trade Show Graphics [/URL]

[URL=http://www.exhibe.com/exhibit-booth-design.htm] Exhibit Design [/URL]

Banned

Default gorgeous daffodils

Quote Originally Posted by mamabear05 View Post
    Is this why I can't get rid of my daffodils? I hate them and have dug them up repeatedly, but they just won't go away! The last few years, I've just given up, and so of course I have many more now. Bleh.
    Too bad I don't live near you! I buy as many daffodils as I can afford. Be sure to invite your friends and neighbors to come and dig them up for their own gardens - they will love you.

Rose White, author of
    Easy Gardens A to Z

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I would like to know if anybody can give me any info on my tulips I planted approx. 400 tulip bulbs in total, my first year I got approx 6 dozen tulips and have yet to see another tulip that was 5 years ago. Any info please Oh yes I am new to the forum and sort of new to gardening
    Since some of the bulbs were productive, you might look at location. The tulips that actually grew may be in a better location for growth!

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Try to check out this link Tulip: http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/bulbs/qa.html, it has major questions about the problems faced regarding the tulip plantation being answered. I even checked out : http://www.backyardgardener.com/plants/tulip.html which has information too about gardening.