Thread: First Garden

Hybrid View

Default First Garden

After reading a book this year titled Seeds of Hope by Jane Goodall, I found myself motivated to start my own garden. Since I am super inexperienced with gardening altogether, I decided to start small with a small backyard garden. Throughout my last summer at home, I hope to be able to grow some fresh organic produce for my family.

Glad to hear it! It's a bit of work, but it will be worth it.

Wow! That is so cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Maddie View Post
    After reading a book this year titled Seeds of Hope by Jane Goodall, I found myself motivated to start my own garden. Since I am super inexperienced with gardening altogether, I decided to start small with a small backyard garden. Throughout my last summer at home, I hope to be able to grow some fresh organic produce for my family.
    Hi Maddie,

I shared Seeds of Hope (Goodall) with my students in Chemistry (High school)! It brought me great joy to do so. Re: starting a garden, my husband & I are located in Southern California, and we made a garden video (a long-awaited project) to share our 4 year adventure —> turning our grass yard into a food forest!

We created a Youtube channel (Grow Create Films) … and slowly we will be adding videos re: ecology / sustainability / nutrition & people reconnecting with Earth again.

It highlights organic fruit trees, organic vegetable circle garden, and backyard chickens!
    Check it out…and, enjoy!

https://youtu.be/GunJE0-9w98

For my first gardening i used a zero-turn mower it also is a good fit for the average homeowner’s budget. which help me to developed my gardening quickly.
    www.the10thcircle.com/best-zero-turn-mowers/

New Users

Gardening, a plant-based food pro-system, is the world's oldest form of gardening. Forest gardens originated in prehistoric times along jungle-clad river banks and in the wet foothills of monsoon regions. In the gradual process of families improving their immediate environment, useful tree and vine species were identified, protected, and improved while undesirable species were eliminated. Eventually alien species were also selected and incorporated into the gardens.

Hello Maddie!
    That's good. And thanks for sharing this, I will also go through this book "Seeds of Hope".