Thread: This place is dead. :(

Hybrid View

New Users

Wow. . . this is really sad. Today is July 5th, 2017 and the last post was when????? August in 2014? Well, here goes. I recently moved from the foothills in California to the sandy basin called the Treasure Valley in Idaho. Folks here love their lawns! Bah, humbug. The state is growing so fast and there are subdivisions everywhere. Mine is an older sub, 17 years old I think. Anyway, weekends are deafening with the sounds of lawn mowers, weed whackers and trimmers. Little by little, I am removing grass and planting flowers. My lawn had only 2 trees in it and both were Corkscrew Willows, which if anyone knows, are garbage trees. Pretty but constantly shedding. I had them taken out and planted 4 maples and 1 Prairie Fire Crabapple. Around the perimeter I planted daylilies, iris and manzanitas. Kinnicinik manzanitas do ok, but the ones I imported from California died. Also planted Gazanias for instant color, very pretty.

People still post, but rarely. Probably most of the user have forgotten about the forum.