Thread: This place is dead. :(

New Users

Unhappy This place is dead. :(

I was excited to join this forum, thinking that the simplicity and directness of the name -- and the fact that it was the first to pop up in a web search -- would mean that there were probably lots of people here.

But ... this place is dead.

Is there anyone using this forum...?

OregonGardener

Hi there!
    That's so sad to hear! I just joined today.
    -J

Registered Users

I feel the same way, Oregon Gardener. I've joined at the end of August, and have posted once a week every week since, and when I log back in, most of the most recent activity was from me the week before. I also joined since it was way at the top of the Google search.
    Charm Dreier

Please visit my blog!
    http://www.gardentraining.com

Registered Users

When I look at the threads, though, there are a lot more people that view the threads compared to how many post. So, maybe there are a lot of lurkers on this forum that just like to read the info but not post their opinions. It would be more fun, though, if this forum was more active. I find myself answering questions that are a year to two years old, and that noone else was able to answer.
    Charm Dreier

Please visit my blog!
    http://www.gardentraining.com

Well this is 2016 almost 2 years since thread was started.

In all honesty I had forgotten this forum for I go to so many. Well today is my birthday and the site sent me a birthday greeting and here I am! Maybe I should come in more often and the place might become a bit more active if I do.

Thanks for the greeting! It tells me you care.

New Users

Wow. . . this is really sad. Today is July 5th, 2017 and the last post was when????? August in 2014? Well, here goes. I recently moved from the foothills in California to the sandy basin called the Treasure Valley in Idaho. Folks here love their lawns! Bah, humbug. The state is growing so fast and there are subdivisions everywhere. Mine is an older sub, 17 years old I think. Anyway, weekends are deafening with the sounds of lawn mowers, weed whackers and trimmers. Little by little, I am removing grass and planting flowers. My lawn had only 2 trees in it and both were Corkscrew Willows, which if anyone knows, are garbage trees. Pretty but constantly shedding. I had them taken out and planted 4 maples and 1 Prairie Fire Crabapple. Around the perimeter I planted daylilies, iris and manzanitas. Kinnicinik manzanitas do ok, but the ones I imported from California died. Also planted Gazanias for instant color, very pretty.

People still post, but rarely. Probably most of the user have forgotten about the forum.