Thread: Some Help with a Tomato Experiment, please!

Threaded View

Hi sara
    First, well I see that you live in MA, I think is Maine, its to late for you to get tomatoes. Second, that upside down stuff is a ripoff money, the plant is goint to follow the sun and it will go up to catch it. I never heared anything about using mirrows,
    Just lights. Tomatoes need temp above the 65 night time and in day time up to 90 f. After that if its cold the plant gets stunt and turns purple (leafs) to hot and stops producing bloms, drops them and stops producing licopene (red color)
    the best tomato w short time to mature is early girl, I had it and it was done by march this year, I planted in march (ground). I live in Texas, and this year I planted a lot of tomatoes lol different kinds, nah but the
    Jubile were yellow but hollow no taste, a homestead uff waste of money, the best ones were my Roma and the Early Girl. Now tomatoes can be determinant and indeterminant, the first one only grows to a determinant size. The other it just keep going! For you situation buy the patio or husky cherrie tomatoes you can bring them inside and use grow lamps. Ohh forgot tomatoe needs 8 hours of sun light!!
    Last edited by mezleona; 09-15-2012 at 07:36 PM.