Quote Originally Posted by browntoe View Post
1st let me start by saying that i dont have a green thumb i think i actually have more of a brown toe.

we just bought a house and in the flower bed there are some leafy things i have no clue if they are flowers that will bloom and look nice or just weeds. i know we have rose bushes and some tulips and a couple other plants i have no clue what they are that are comming in and i would hate to pull out a nice flower.

can someone maybe tell me what it is in this pic?

keep or pull?
and if i keep does anyone have a pic of what it will look like?

also where is the best place to view pics of weeds so i know what to pull and keep

thank you in advance

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...4-01181812.jpg
I have that stuff everywhere. It doesn't bloom and it's hard to eradicate. Just keep digging it out getting as much of the roots as possible and over time you will have less of it. As for the weedkiller, I would use vinegar. It's pretty effective, and doesn't last long in the soil. It works by stripping the root system of the plant/weed so it can't absorb water and nutrients. If it rains right after you put it down it just washes away, so you have to do it again. If you are putting it in sidewalk cracks etc, where you want a more permanent kill, go for round up. If you are really opposed to chemicals, boiling water also works pretty well, but in a more temporary fashion.