View RSS Feed

Kat La Pointe

My First Pumpkin

Rate this Entry
End of Nov 2012, a small decor pumpkin that I had on my porch looked like it was time to throw away, like i do every year, i was just about to trash it when it came to my mind that i should plant the seeds before discarding the flesh.
Unfortunately, never planting anything and possibly being a busy city girl, i forgot all about it shortly after planting
Due to my climate, it must have received enough sun n water and produced many leaves the size as two hands put together, sprawled out about 12 feet across, from the small decor pumpkin seeds that i decided to plant on a whim yielded a total of 6 healthy babies from the mother decor pumpkin!
Since then, I've got a major planting itch, I've already started from seeds the following edibles, tomatoes of many kinds, cantaloupe, watermelon, all kinds of herbs, more pumpkin patches, and onions. Not from seeds are bulbs for spring, strawberries and blackberries.
I will be planting as many edibles as i can from seedlings.
For now, this is a rewarding hobby and i plan on learning as i go.
Thank you for reading, I've posted a pic of my first harvested pumpkin
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KINDLE_CAMERA_1378075310000.jpg 
Views:	11102 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	479  
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

To grow a lawn that is vibrant and healthy, flowers that are bright and colorful, or nutritious fruits and vegetables that burst with flavor, you must have an abundant supply of calcium. Nothing can replace the role of calcium in the nutritional supply chain. When it comes to supplying the calcium your plants require, nothing beats Super-Cal liquid calcium.*Super-Cal provides calcium to your growing plants in the soluble form they require, and while many products claim to supply calcium, none can offer the advantages of Super-Cal. Formulated with a proprietary blend of organic acids, Super-Cal works in the soil to break down unavailable calcium and convert it to an available form that plants can utilize. With Super-Cal, literally hundreds of pounds of insoluble calcium can be brought into solution, insuring that your plants have an abundant supply. Don’t starve your plants of the calcium they need. Feed them Super-Cal and see the difference!*What benefits does Super-Cal offer?*• SuperCal is a source of chelated calcium with a guaranteed analysis of 10% calcium. Unlike many other calcium sources, a chelated calcium will not become readily tied up with other minerals in the soil, but will remain available.*• SuperCal is totally and immediately available to growing plants.*• SuperCal is 100% water soluble and does not have to go through biological breakdown.*• SuperCal will show first season results instead of waiting six to twelve months for dry lime to begin working.*• SuperCal aids in the breakdown of insoluble or “trapped” calcium which is already in the soil, converting it into an available form the crops can utilize. The increase in available calcium improves the availability and uptake of other important crop nutrients as well as making it easier to work with the soil through improved tilth. This also allows for better soil aeration and water movement.*• SuperCal can be applied to the soil, roots and plant foliage. SuperCal is recommended for application on all varieties of turf grass, fruits, vegetables, trees, shrubs, lawns, flowers, and houseplants. SuperCal is best applied in the early morning or evening hours while dew is on plant. See label for further application rates.*
    Our utility knives lead the industry. You won't find a safer, less expensive utility knife anywhere. This ring-type knife can be used to cut twine, ribbon, plastic strapping, pallet wrap, tape, cardboard, and even light gauge wire! For many types of jobs, it can increase productivity and at the same time, reduce the risk of repetitive motion injuries. This product is currently available online in Blue and Red. For the test, members will get the product in Orange. Sizes range from 8 to 16.*petfect for harvesting