PDA

View Full Version : Dry Plant

miles.o
10-27-2011, 06:26 PM
I have a few plants I grow under artificial lighting, and one of them (Japanese Eggplant) became very dry because the timer on the lights got reset by a blackout. I have been watering everyday, but the plant is still very dry. Should I just take it outside and let it get natural light?

Mr Yan
10-28-2011, 01:14 AM
Chances are you have more of a problem than lights with this plant.

You're soaking the plant when you're watering it right? I know when pots dry out the soil pulls from the pot sides and water flows around rather than into the soil.

You're in a warm area right? Why grow indoors under light if you have free sun available?

miles.o
11-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Hello Mr Yan.

I live in So Cal, but I wanted to try growing indoors. I have a few tomato plants growing, some peppers, and this eggplant. I thought I'd try it out. But you're right... I should just take them all outdoors soon. The eggplant is looking a lot better since the lighting has been regulated. :)

inchworm5
03-14-2012, 06:11 PM
Growing indoors can be fun, especially for plants that don't like the natural climate of the area your are in. So. Cal has a great growing climate so I would definitely stick to growing outdoors and maybe as the winter sets in you can begin a few indoor plants for veggies or fruits that you did not have during the growing season.

sustainmygarden45
06-28-2012, 04:48 PM
from what it seems like you should experiment with leaving them in the sun for a bit. if that doesn't work you definitely need to water them more.